Trauma Therapy Program
SHIFT: From Surviving to Thriving
Available for both new and established patients at our Fort Myers-Metro Office
Elite DNA is one of the few trauma-informed behavioral health providers in Florida. Our providers have received specialized training in trauma therapy from Florida State University. The SHIFT Program at Elite DNA is located in a private section of our clinic where patients can check in, our, and wait in a comfortable, quiet, and minimalist space that is designed for people who have experienced trauma.
You may benefit from our SHIFT Trauma Program if you live with:
- Have been diagnosed with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder or Acute Stress Disorder
- Experienced Combat-Related Trauma
- Have Trauma from Abuse or Neglect
- Experienced a serious injury or illness
- Went though a natural disaster
What is Trauma-Informed Care?
By offering trauma-informed care, it allows us to go from a standard therapy setting which may be focused on what conditions you have, to an approach that helps us address what events you experienced to cause trauma. We can provide care based on a 360 degree view of a patient's life.
Trauma-informed care providers:
- Are compassionate and understanding
- Are knowledgable about the widespread impact of trauma
- Guide you through paths for trauma recovery
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma
- Help you avoid re-traumatization
A Safe Place to Work Through Trauma
We designed our SHIFT Therapy Program with trauma survivors in mind.
By providing a calming, quiet atmosphere, we provide our patients a space that has reduced amount of triggers. We are mindful of the experiences of our patients and want to provide the best care, in the best place possible.
It's our mission to SHIFT patients from a state of survival, into processing and healing, with an end-goal of a state of thriving. You deserve to live a fulfilling, peaceful life.
Schedule an appointment
New patients: Getting started has never been easier! You can schedule your appointment with our Care Coordination team online. They will direct you to the exact services and providers that will fit you best.
Existing patients: Contact your provider or call 239-223-2751.
Potential Trauma Therapy Outcomes
- Improved daily functioning
- Feeling as though you're living in the present
- Processing traumatic memories and experiences
- Developing new coping skills
- Reduced symptoms from a stress disorder